Sunday, April 26, 2015

Which is resulting an intermittent connection between host and storage device. You may wonder what i


Which is resulting an intermittent connection between host and storage device. You may wonder what is this fuck going on. I have suffer this problem for a year, and I just realized how to solve this fuck in problem. My environment is IBM Server 3650 M4 with only 1 Processor 6 cores RAM 24GB running Oracle database sized 300-400GB. It was critical incident, but luckily this problem appears only my DR/backup environment and I just hoped that this doesn t occur in my production environment.
I tried to call IBM call center give me nothing but additional not used kernel modules. After I felt some deadlock in contacting IBM I tried to reach Red Hat call center, after a month they told me to remove bfa driver which will resulting loss of LUN mapped to my host, in that case I not follow their suggestion. Here it s my steps to solve this problem: Create an account on IBM sites hence I can download all of supplementary software, drivers, and firmware. I checked for software and firmware of my product which is IBM 3650 M4. Once I found my product, I check if there re brocade HBA/CNA related software,driver, or firmware. In that case I was lucky that I found updated firmware and driver. You have to check if that driver has related change log of IOC connectivity. Once you found, you should download it. Move downloaded files to server. From this point forward, you need to backup all of existing module related to bfa/brocade HBA driver. Installing Brocade driver and firmware Brocade HBA driver downloaded from IBM website is tar file, which is need to be extracted before execute installation Determine Operating System original brocade driver Run yum remove word count <OS brocade driver> to remove existing brocade driver Run ./install.sh –update –override to override existing module loaded in kernel
The function installing IBM brocade driver is to install BCU utility word count that could give you additional command in administer Brocade HBA Reboot machine After machine is up, you should continue word count in applying respective firmware In applying firmware you should run ./filefirmware.bin s. After process word count is finish you have to reboot the machine to make sure new firmware is loaded to BFA device.
Once you finish all the process, then you may check it by typing following command : “bcu adapter –list” word count to check which adapter id available on your machine “bcu adapter –query <adapter id> to query status word count of brocade HBA, if your firmware version showed is the same as you install then you may be happy, since you’ve finish this installation.
Isikan data di bawah atau klik salah satu ikon untuk log in:
Search Pos-pos Terakhir CIFS mount error(112): Host is down after df is hung Solving Problem of IOC has failed in Brocade HBA OS Linux Red Hat Enterprise Linux Expand Your Linux Storage On the Fly Mencari Yang Pas. Alternative, Symbolic Link Management tools Arsip April 2015 Maret 2015 Januari 2014 November 2013 Oktober 2013 September 2013 Agustus 2013 Juli 2013 Juni 2013 Mei 2013 April 2013 Maret 2013 Februari 2013 Januari 2013 Desember 2012 Mei 2012 April 2012 Kategori Agama Cerita Hidup Jalan-Jalan Komputer Makanan Meta Mendaftar Masuk log RSS Entri RSS Komentar WordPress.com
%d blogger menyukai ini:

No comments:

Post a Comment